Friday, August 8, 2008

Huh?

Well I beat Braid last night. I think it took me about 6 hours total to beat it. It's a very good game and I highly recommend it. That is, if you enjoy "action puzzle" type games (think along the lines of Portal). There are 60 puzzles in the game and I was able to do 59 of them myself. I couldn't figure out one of them and I tried it for an hour. I finally looked online and I learned about a dynamic of the game that I wasn't even aware of.

I had read a posting on the XNA forums about how matrix transformations can cause slight errors over time, so I added code after my transformations to renormalize the vectors and even recalculate the cross products in order to maintain orthogonality. However, when I fired up the program, the terrain was disappearing even more! The angle between the two vectors is still randomly coming up as NaN and Pi.

Sigh, well I guess I know what I'm working on this weekend.

No comments: